Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Photography rookie

Hey, this is my first blog and i have no idea where to start but with the support and advices from my beautiful wife and some close friends, i have decided to give it a shot. Bear with my vocabs as i'm not pretty good at it :-)

I have always love photography but never had a chance to actually try it out back then and till today i kept wondering how did most photographers manage to capture a good shot at anything they came across. I was inspired by the National Geographic Magazine where all the beautiful photos of the animals, plants, objects and all the different tribes of peoples around the globe are published and they are really fascinating.

Recently i bought a new camera ( Lumix FZ28 ) from a camera road show here in Suntech, Singapore and it was when i first started taking photographs of everything than comes in my way...( taking photos like there's no tomorrow...haha ) It was really great owning one of those gadget.

Sometime in Sept when i went back to my home town to finalised my wedding preparation, then i met up with an old friend of mine who is into photography recently. He took me out for some night shots and that is where i pick up some tips about photgraphy.

After a month or so, i went to this car show which was held at the Suntech City...manage to capture some nice pictures....wasn't too bad. After that, went to attend the first F1 night race in singapore and was really excited for the thought that i could capture some nice shot. But it difficult for a rookie like me...but eventually after a couple of trial shots, i manage to capture some good ones. ( not as good as the pro but still manage to capture the cars passing by at high speed...hehe )

Will post some of it... ( not too bad for my own standard and hope to improve it from there... )

2 comments:

Terry Teh said...

Hey, maybe can share some of the pix you've taken. You got a SLR?

Nigel Blaydes said...

hey...yea, just bought a new SLR. Got a canon 1000D. Will be posting some pictures soon. Are u a photographer too?